[news.groups] Status of the unmoderated comp.sources.misc

gnu@hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) (06/23/87)

Brandon Allbery writes:
> I don't think anyone has to worry about throughput.  If comp.sources.misc
> were a fully moderated newsgroup then there would be cause for worry, but
> as it is there are too many alternate arrangements possible for it to be
> a problem.

I thought comp.sources.misc was being converted to an *unmoderated* group.
I heard this as a rumor from the backbone meeting at Usenix and saw it
on the net as well.  What's the holdup?  It should be as simple as posting
a newgroup message marking it unmoderated, and fixing it in the checkgroups
list.
--
{sun,ptsfa,lll-crg,ihnp4,ucbvax}!hoptoad!gnu	       gnu@ingres.berkeley.edu
Kudos to Stargate for permitting redistribution.   May the Source be with you!