[news.groups] Does comp.protocols.iso exist?

wcs@ho95e.ATT.COM (Bill.Stewart) (08/20/87)

In article <1510@hou2d.UUCP> n2dsy@hou2d.UUCP (J.BEATTIE) writes:
:I guess this is a relatively new newsgroup...my system
:doesn't seem to have any items listed.

I never got a newgroup message, but I remember some discussion a couple
months ago.  Was the group ever approved?  Is it part of inet?
--
#				Thanks;
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs

tower@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) (08/25/87)

In article <1672@ho95e.ATT.COM> wcs@ho95e.UUCP (46133-Bill.Stewart,2G218,x0705,) writes:
 > In article <1510@hou2d.UUCP> n2dsy@hou2d.UUCP (J.BEATTIE) writes:
 > :I guess this is a relatively new newsgroup...my system
 > :doesn't seem to have any items listed.
 >
 > I never got a newgroup message, but I remember some discussion a couple
 > months ago.  Was the group ever approved?  Is it part of inet?
 > --
 > #				Thanks;
 > # Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs

comp.protocols.iso is an inet distribution newsgroup.  If all of
USENET wants it, just ask Eric Fair <usenet@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>.
Note that I am *NOT* conducting such a news group poll.  (Perhaps Bill
wants to?)

Followups directed to news.groups.  enjoy -len

PS: comp.protocols.iso is gated with the Internet mailing list (this
description is from ZELLICH's list-of-lists):

ISO@NRTC.NORTHROP.COM

   Discussion group focusing on the ISO protocol stack.  The list naturally
   has some overlap with the ISODE list; contributors are urged to use the
   appropriate list based on their topic of discussion.

   Archives are kept on the host NRTC-GREMLIN.NORTHROP.COM (128.99.0.17).
   Use "anonymous" ftp to retrieve file "archive/iso.mbox" which represents
   the current archives.

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems,
   questions, etc., should be sent to ISO-Request@NRTC.NORTHROP.COM.

   Coordinator: Marshall T. Rose <MRose@NRTC-GREMLIN.NORTHROP.COM>
--
Len Tower, Distributed Systems Group, Boston University,
     111 Cummington Street, Boston, MA  02215, USA +1 (617) 353-2780