[news.groups] Philosophy is a futile newsgroup

gls@odyssey.ATT.COM (g.l.sicherman) (01/30/88)

In article <2638@calmasd.GE.COM>, wlp@calmasd.GE.COM (Walter Peterson) writes:
> > In article <20@chemstor.UUCP>, bob@chemstor.UUCP (Robert Weigel) writes:
> >       Just another biannual reminder that philosophy is a futile game. ...
>
> For an excellent explanation as to why philosophy is NOT futile and why
> everyone NEEDS philosophy, see "Philosophy: Who Needs It"   By Ayn Rand

Would you two please move this discussion out of news.groups,
comp.cog-eng, comp.ai, sci.misc, and sci.research?  It belongs in
talk.philosophy.

-:-

BUM:	  Say, mister, can you spare a dollar?

CRACKERS: I can easily spare the sum you name, but it seems to me
	  that most beggars would customarily suggest a more modest
	  amount, such as a nickel.

BUM:	  I guess they would, at that; but I am ambitious, and mean
	  to rise in my chosen calling.

			--Horatio Alligator, "Admiral Boniface's Parrot"
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...!ihnp4!odyssey!gls