[news.groups] AT&T Calendar Program

freuden@gryphon.CTS.COM (Ralph Freudenberger) (02/05/88)

Has anyone figured out how to make a 'to-do list' for a certain day
in the calendar program provided by AT&T?  It seems that when one
creates a 'to-do list' it stays around indefinitely no matter what day,
month, or year is currently being displayed.  The documentation makes
no mention of these lists either.

			Ralph Freudenberger

thad@cup.portal.com (02/06/88)

SPeaking of which: I've had my system since mid-November 1987, mailed in
the warranty and registrations cards (and checked the box to receive the
free calendar) and have NOT yet received the calender.

Other people at my company (over 10% of us have bought 3B1 systems during
the past 90 days) have ALSO not received the calendar.

To whom should one complain, call or write to get the calendar program?

lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) (02/08/88)

In article <2985@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com writes:
|>Speaking of which: I've had my system since mid-November 1987, mailed in
|>the warranty and registrations cards (and checked the box to receive the
|>free calendar) and have NOT yet received the calender.
|>
|>Other people at my company (over 10% of us have bought 3B1 systems during
|>the past 90 days) have ALSO not received the calendar.
|>
|>To whom should one complain, call or write to get the calendar program?

I don't want to start this whole discussion again, this was brought up
in October, 1987 (I think)...

If you have 3.5 or 3.51 operating system, there is a directory /etc/fixes
that includes:

# ls -l /etc/fixes
total 207
-rw-r--r--  1 root    other         0 Oct 16 21:33 .fixedlist
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bin     bin       83924 Jan  1  1970 pcal
-rw-r--r--  1 bin     bin       21894 Jan  1  1970 pcal.hlp

There's the program, why it was put there is beyond me, but this is what
you have to do:

# mv /etc/fixes/pcal /usr/bin
# strip /usr/bin/pcal  		NOTE: You can leave this step out if you don't
				      have the Development Set or like
				      symbols ;-)
# mv /etc/fixes/pcal.hlp /usr/lib/ua
# vi /usr/lib/ua/Office

[add this to the Office]

Name=Calendar
Default = Open
Open=EXEC -d /usr/bin/pcal -c
Help=EXEC -d /usr/bin/uahelp -h /usr/lib/ua/ua.hlp -t Calendar

Now you have the Calendar program that you'll wait a *LONG* time for
from AT&T ...

							-Lenny
--
============================ US MAIL:   Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group
 IIIII   CCC   U   U   SSSS             PO Box 1

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- Resident E-mail Hack) (02/08/88)

FYI, I've had my 3b1 since august and JUST LAST THURSDAY received
my copy of the personal calendar.  You get a disk and a little
manual and a folder to keep it all in.  I've heard one story
of it taking something on the order of a year for one person
to receive theirs...

a 6 month wait is better'n 18 months :-)

If you're impatient, the program is already on your disk in
/etc/fixes (or maybe it's /etc/.fixes?).  You can easily copy
or link the file into /usr/bin.  From there it's a fairly
easy matter to come up with the couple of lines to stick
into /usr/lib/ua/Office which you need in order to run
the program.  I leave those couple of lines as an excercise
to the reader :-).
--
<---- David Herron -- The E-Mail guy            <david@ms.uky.edu>
<---- or:                {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET

emigh@ncsugn.ncsu.edu (Ted H. Emigh) (02/08/88)

In article <8260@g.ms.uky.edu> david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron) writes:
>FYI, I've had my 3b1 since august and JUST LAST THURSDAY received
>my copy of the personal calendar.  You get a disk and a little
>manual and a folder to keep it all in.  I've heard one story
>of it taking something on the order of a year for one person
>to receive theirs...

>a 6 month wait is better'n 18 months :-)

Here at NCSU, we have had our 7300's (15 of them) since December 1986 --
now going on 14 months and haven't gotten the personal calendar yet!!
We haven't been pushing for it since some version of it is on the machines
already, but STILL ....

--
Ted H. Emigh, Dept. Genetics and Statistics, NCSU, Raleigh, NC
uucp:	mcnc!ncsuvx!ncsugn!emigh	internet:  emigh%ncsugn.ncsu.edu

mark@cogent.UUCP (Captain Neptune) (02/09/88)

In article <2985@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com writes:
>SPeaking of which: I've had my system since mid-November 1987, mailed in
>the warranty and registrations cards (and checked the box to receive the
>free calendar) and have NOT yet received the calender.
>
>Other people at my company (over 10% of us have bought 3B1 systems during
>the past 90 days) have ALSO not received the calendar.

I sent my registration in last August.  I just got my calendar on
Saturday.  That'd put you at around May for getting yours....
--
# Mark ###################### Ernie: Gee, Bert!  Where'd all your files go ? #
# Steven #################### Bert:  My files!  Er-r-r-r-r-r-rnie-e-e-e-e !! #

freuden@gryphon.CTS.COM (Ralph Freudenberger) (02/10/88)

In article <2985@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com writes:
>SPeaking of which: I've had my system since mid-November 1987, mailed in
>the warranty and registrations cards (and checked the box to receive the
>free calendar) and have NOT yet received the calender.
>
>Other people at my company (over 10% of us have bought 3B1 systems during
>the past 90 days) have ALSO not received the calendar.
>
>To whom should one complain, call or write to get the calendar program?

I only got my calendar program after calling several 1-800 numbers
starting with the 'hotline' number. I did this twice.

rich@bergy.UUCP (Bergstedt) (02/14/88)

In article <2985@cup.portal.com>, thad@cup.portal.com writes:
> SPeaking of which: I've had my system since mid-November 1987, mailed in
> the warranty and registrations cards (and checked the box to receive the
> free calendar) and have NOT yet received the calender.
>
> Other people at my company (over 10% of us have bought 3B1 systems during
> the past 90 days) have ALSO not received the calendar.
>
> To whom should one complain, call or write to get the calendar program?

Since you have to fill out the registration card - I would try the hotline.
1-800-922-0354

|	Rich Bergstedt				AT&T Data Systems Group       |
|       voice: 714-855-5570			23421 S. Pointe Dr. #100      |
|	fax:   714-855-5690			Laguna Hills, CA 92653        |
|       uucp:  ...uunet!ccicpg!arnold!bergy!rich  -or- attmail!rbergstedt     |
|       DISCLAIMER: These are my opinions, definitely not AT&T's.             |