[news.groups] Hi Chuq

webber@athos.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (02/28/88)

In article <43182@sun.uucp>, chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>  To wit, another rebuttal of one of Webber's rantings]

Doesn't ``another'' presume there was a first?  Perhaps there is
something wrong with your net connection.  Haven't seen anything
showing any understanding of the issues much less anything that could
be considered an actual ``rebuttal'' from your site.

> concept, because old-fashioned machines like those you use aren't capable of
> this sort of stuff.

I use Sun 4's and color Sun 3's (and I use them at times when I can get
single-user response).  Which is the one that you think is horribly
old-fashioned and should be replaced by a Mac?  Both?

> Webber, you're insane. Or simply selfish and stupid. I'm not sure which.
> hyperCArd stacks are written for HyperCard, not for your specious enjoyment.

This fits in rather well with your reply to Greg Woods where you basically
claim that the net is just a system of unix boxes connected to allow easy
transfer of Mac software.

> HyperCard is not a database. HyperCard is not Hypertext. You show your
> ignorance.

And you show yours. So what?

> >On my system, awk is interactive and event-driven!
>
> that's nice. What's this have to do with the discussion?

It was a reply to the person who said that awk couldn't be used to manipulate
stacks because Hypercard is interactive and event-driven.  Of course,
I didn't really expect you to be able to follow the posting considering
the trouble you have deciphering the news group creation rules.  Would love
to chat more, but I see Clive Stewart just posted an article with REAL
information, like proprietary software that has been written to allow
Mac users to figure out what the heck is in those stack binaries and generate
alternative representations that are more useful.

Ta ta.

------ BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)