[news.groups] Newgroup suggestion - CALL FOR NO-VOTES

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (03/08/88)

Since the creation of comp.wheat, the level of discussion in the group
has deteriorated into two sorts of material, that which is wheat, and
that which is non-wheat.  I am calling for the creation of the new
group
	comp.wheat.chaff

for ourselves so that we can get on with the business of talking about
what's important as opposed to what everyone else thinks is important.
It's time for the right-thinking people of this net to stand up and be
counted.  By God (whichever you choose), we must reign supreme!  Down
with the chaffist oppressors!

Votes to be collected for the month of March, when I throw them
all out and make up the result I wanted originally.

So there!

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (03/08/88)

> 	comp.wheat.chaff

> Votes to be collected for the month of March, when I throw them
> all out and make up the result I wanted originally.

Wait a minute!  How come you're calling for votes before there's been
any discussion on the subject?  How can you be so stupid??????
Dammit, *I* have to know what's going on before there can be any
voting!!!

On this point alone, i would have to say no.

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (03/08/88)

> > {Some guy}
> {A Total Nimrod}

> > 	comp.wheat.chaff

> Dammit, *I* have to know what's going on before there can be any
> voting!!!

Oh, bag it, man.  Who really cares what YOU think.

I vote yes, not because I really care about what the group is about,
but more because I can't jive with thicknecks like you.

Get a LIFE, pal.

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (03/08/88)

> Get a LIFE, pal.

So, count me AGAINST this loser, cuz I don't like him.  While you're
at it,

HEY EVERYONE TAKING VOTES!!!

Put my vote opposite all votes cast by any and all of the following
people:

Gene Ward Smith, Tim Maroney, Bob Webber, Gene Spafford, Ken Arndt,
etc...

In article <18594@topaz.rutgers.edu> trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) writes:

I> > 	comp.wheat.chaff
>
C> > Votes to be collected for the month of March, when I throw them
A> > all out and make up the result I wanted originally.

'> Wait a minute!  How come you're calling for votes before there's been
T> any discussion on the subject?  How can you be so stupid??????
 > Dammit, *I* have to know what's going on before there can be any
E> voting!!!
D>
I> On this point alone, i would have to say no.

I vote no two.  There's too much Usenet volume anyhow.  Who really
cares about that dumb old wheat stuff anyhow?

craig@ncrcpx.UUCP (R. Craig Peterson) (03/09/88)

In article <18595@topaz.rutgers.edu> trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) writes:

|> > {Some guy}
|> {A Total Nimrod}
|
|> > 	comp.wheat.chaff
|
|> Dammit, *I* have to know what's going on before there can be any
|> voting!!!
|
|Oh, bag it, man.  Who really cares what YOU think.
|
|I vote yes, not because I really care about what the group is about,
|but more because I can't jive with thicknecks like you.
|
|Get a LIFE, pal.

Tongue-in-cheek or not, I find this kind of "discussion" revolting.
Please leave it in a group like alt.flame.

I don't have a problem with the comp.wheat.chaff satire, however the
rest is a little too much.

--
R. Craig Peterson
ncrlnk!ncrcam!ncrcpx!craig	craig@ncrcpx.Cambridge.NCR.COM