[news.groups] comp.women

skyler@violet.berkeley.edu (07/04/88)

In article <2151@pt.cs.cmu.edu> netnews@pt.cs.cmu.edu (USENET News Group Software) writes:
>Will somebody PLEASE let us know whether or not comp.women is supposed to
>exists or not? We've received a few rmgrps messages, but it isn't clear
>from discussion on news.groups whether or not these instructions should
>be followed. And given the heat of the discussion, I am certainly not
>going to remove the group just because we received such messages.

Go ahead and remove comp.women.  I was the one who proposed it and I am
the one who was supposed to moderate it.  Instead, comp.society.women
is the compromise.  That second group does exist (although it has an
incredibly low propagation--I'm not sure why) is moderated and has
postings.

If you are not getting comp.society.women, please let me know and I will mail
it to you.

Thanks,
Trish Roberts  (skyler@violet.berkeley.edu)