[news.groups] Gag me with an index buffer

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (07/08/88)

In article <717@scovert.sco.COM>, davidbe@sco (The Cat in the Hat) writes:
>If you find yourself with too large a kill file, just scrap it, and do your
>news reading via the = sign.  Simply hit =, and mark down the message number
>of the subjects that look interesting.  Works for me.

Maybe it does, but the whole idea is sickening.  Gnews has made indexing
into a menu-like mode, so you can use the computer to do the work for you.

If you have X, xrn lets you pick and choose from the index with a mouse.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720