[news.groups] PLEASE RMGROUP WEEBMA GROUPS

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (09/05/88)

It looks like someone is creating a whole heirarchy of "weemba" groups for
the purpose of silly postings.  Maybe I am being bit arrogant, but it seems
to me we already have a talk.bizarre, and that the justification for these
new groups is certainly in doubt.

For example, theres alt.flame.weemba, and alt.weemba.flame.  Besides this
ridiculous duplicity, there is already an alt.flame.

As I understood it, there was a process to go through for the creation of a
new newsgroup, and I have a hard time believing that these groups were
created through that process.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sean

--
***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  (Looking for his towel)           {backbone|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean

gsmith@garnet.berkeley.edu (Gene W. Smith) (09/06/88)

In article <10214@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms (Sean Casey) writes:

>It looks like someone is creating a whole heirarchy of "weemba" groups for
>the purpose of silly postings.

  A whole hierarchy of silly postings is to be preferred to silly
postings to the news hierarchy: this way, we can keep our eye on
them. In fact, the groups (aside from alt.weemba) were created
just for the sake of silliness, not for posting. Perhaps we could
just remove all but alt.weemba or alt.weemba.sheep?

>For example, theres alt.flame.weemba, and alt.weemba.flame.  Besides this
>ridiculous duplicity, there is already an alt.flame.

  I thought it was a bit redundant at first myself. But the more
flame groups there are, the more groups we can flame horrible
solecisms like yours in, a social good worthy enough to delight
Jerry Bentham.

>As I understood it, there was a process to go through for the creation of a
>new newsgroup, and I have a hard time believing that these groups were
>created through that process.

>Please correct me if I'm wrong.

 You are dead wrong. Not that it matters.
--
ucbvax!garnet!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
"Without NNTP, the brahms gang itself would be impossible" Erik E. Fair

russ@uokmax.UUCP (Random J Nightfall) (09/07/88)

Back in <10214@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) wonders...
->
->It looks like someone is creating a whole heirarchy of "weemba" groups for
->the purpose of silly postings.  Maybe I am being bit arrogant, but it seems
->to me we already have a talk.bizarre, and that the justification for these
->new groups is certainly in doubt.

That's okay...alt doesn't need justification.  As it happens, weemba in a
newsgroup name add a whole new dimension to flaming.

->
->For example, theres alt.flame.weemba, and alt.weemba.flame.  Besides this
->ridiculous duplicity, there is already an alt.flame.

See the above comment on weemba, flames, and sheep (oh, what a giveaway).

->
->As I understood it, there was a process to go through for the creation of a
->new newsgroup, and I have a hard time believing that these groups were
->created through that process.

No need to believe that.  Official procedures apply almost everywhere...but
the alt heirarchy exists for the purpose of being outside of those rules.
The procedure involved is very different; ie, newgroup it.

->
->Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are dead wrong.  Fortunately for you, this is acceptable behavior when
discussing alt.  ;-) * .5

->
->Sean
->
->--
->***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
->***  (Looking for his towel)           {backbone|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean
->***  U of K, Lexington Kentucky, USA   Internet site? "talk sean@g.ms.uky.edu"
->***  ``With a name like Renderman, you know it's good jam.''

--
Random J Nightfall
ECN Staff, University of Oklahoma, Norman OK	Chaotic News & Reviews    ^
 / )    / /\  /  	    russ@uokmax.UUCP	sun!texsun!uokmax!russ  < + >
/ \  \_/ /  \/  Any opinions you find are a case of mistaken identity.    v