[news.groups] keeping alt stuff where it belongs

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (09/08/88)

And while we're at it, why do so many people post stuff not about
new newsgroup creation here in news.groups?  It's weird: even the
most fastidious newsposters who do all the right things elsewhere
post to news.groups what ought to be in news.misc.  Just curious.

Anyway ...

In article <3468@phri.UUCP>, roy@phri (Roy Smith) writes:
>	I don't know much about alt other than that we don't get it here,
>but I'm assuming there is an alt.admin or alt.config or alt.newsgroups or
>something like that.  Can't you keep this discussion there, where it
>belongs, please?

But don't you see?  Someone dropped alt.*, but the someone in question
still wants to talk about alt.*, namely the reason he dropped alt.*.

There's a paradox here somewhere.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720