[news.groups] Call for votes: comp.sources.archives

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) (09/14/88)

In article <735@proxftl.UUCP> bill@proxftl.UUCP (T. William Wells) writes:

>Hey, I'm not dead yet.  I got your message, but my response
>bounced.

>Anyway, I see several proposals:

>2) Add one newsgroup, comp.archives, moderated, to which only
>   archive information is posted.

OKAY - This is the `Official' proposal.  Bill has volunteered to moderate
the group, and enough people have argued for moderation that I feel at
least one moderated group is needed.  If this becomes a problem in the
future, we can vote on comp.archives.d to be an unmoderated group.

The purpose of comp.archives.d is the distribution of information regarding
all manner of source, binary and text archive sites, of both UUCP and
FTP varieties.  The group will be moderated by Bill Wells (bill@proxftl.UUCP)
A separate, unmoderated group may be voted on in the future.

Voting begins now and will end on October 14th.  I am running the vote.
Remember, mailed in votes only, posted votes do NOT count.  I can be
very easily reached from almost anywheres.  The voting address is:

UUCP:		{ backbone } !killer!rpp386!vote
Internet:	vote@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US

vote@rpp386.UUCP may work better if you are running UUCP with a smart
mailer.  Some Internet sites don't believe in .US, I have received
complaints that rutgers is bouncing mail to .dallas.tx.us

To vote, please place the word "YES" or "NO" on the subject line.  This
has been discussed well enough that not too many changes are going to be
made.  You can reply immediately using the 'r' command from vnews or
rn.  Just edit the Subject: line to reflect your vote.  Please do this
now.

Thank you for your support.
--
John F. Haugh II (jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

    "If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong."
                -- Norm Schryer