[news.groups] OFFICIAL call for votes for comp.sys.next

root@amyerg.UUCP (Admin) (10/17/88)

OK, we've gone through the official discussion period for this newsgroup, so
I am now asking you to MAIL (not post) your votes to me.

So far I have received 16 votes, 14 for creating the group, and two against.
I will summarize these posters at the end of the voting period.

Voting will take place until October 26th at midnight per the rules. I will
hope we'll have the votes by then to actually create the group.

To help make sure your vote gets to me, please check the mail path you get
for me by hand. If it goes through nuchat ( a dead connection), please
reroute based on the .sig below, or re-route to Werner Uhrig at the
U of Texas who can then forward it to me (his actual address is
uunet!astro.as.utexas.edu!werner).

Thanks again,

Ewan Grantham

--
Ewan Grantham (601) 354-6454 ext. 412  Miss. Dept. of Corrections
Go New Orleans Saints!!!!                (The Prison People)

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) (10/19/88)

In article <426@amyerg.UUCP> root@amyerg.UUCP (Admin) writes:
>OK, we've gone through the official discussion period for this newsgroup, so
>I am now asking you to MAIL (not post) your votes to me.

Comp.sys.NeXT was created last night or sometime close to then.  As the
creator of alt.NeXT I have to state that I don't believe in creating the
group just yet because I feel it will be griped about from now 'til Doomsday.

On the other hand, I wish someone had done it sooner ...

>Voting will take place until October 26th at midnight per the rules. I will
>hope we'll have the votes by then to actually create the group.

Which `rules' were those???
--
John F. Haugh II                        +----Make believe quote of the week----
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | Nancy Reagan on Richard Stallman:

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (10/21/88)

Since our mailer refuses to mail to the vote collector, I say no.

The Machine will not been seen in quantity for months, and there is
no need for this now...

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-Sysop FreeSoft RT - GEnie.