[news.groups] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.protocols.kerberos

kolk@polya.Stanford.EDU (Dan Kolkowitz) (01/26/89)

Here I propose the creation of the newsgroup:

      comp.protocols.kerberos

This is to promote discussion and exchange of ideas on the kerberos
authentication system from Project Athena at M.I.T.  The first public release
became available today through anonymous ftp from there.  Since the
authentication is protocol based and not specfically tied to Unix the
kerberos people and I thought comp.protocols.kerberos to be the most
appropriate place for the kerberos group.

The date this proposal is posted: Jan. 25, 1989

There will be a discussion period of two weeks (until Feb. 8, 1989) to
hear people's suggestions, wishes, ideas, and flames. Please note the
Follow-up: field and send your Follow-ups to news.groups.

Following Feb. 8, 1989, there will be a 30-day Yes/No voting period.
I'll post a Call For Vote message as a reminder. Please direct all
Yes/No answers to me (kolk@jessica.stanford.edu).

Thanks.

Dan Kolkowitz
Systems Development
Academic Informaion Resources
Stanford University, Stanford, Ca.  94305-3090
(415) 723-5414
kolk@jessica.stanford.edu

chip@ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) (01/27/89)

According to kolk@polya.Stanford.EDU (Dan Kolkowitz):
>Here I propose the creation of the newsgroup:
>      comp.protocols.kerberos

Is there traffic to warrant a group?  Where?

If not, perhaps it should go through the mailing list phase first.
--
Chip Salzenberg             <chip@ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering             Me?  Speak for my company?  Surely you jest!