[news.groups] Call for discussion on chemistry newsgroups

Ram-Ashwin@cs.yale.edu (Ashwin Ram) (02/26/89)

In article <1951@cps3xx.UUCP>, usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> A few weeks ago I posted an article in sci.misc and news.groups
> about starting a new group for chemistry. [...]
> There are many groups for sci and bio but none of them are appropriate
> for the four areas of chemistry.  I envision four new news.groups for
> this subject.  They might be called: [...]

How about starting with sci.chem (analogous to sci.bio and sci.physics)?  If you
really get overwhelmed, you can branch out into sci.chem.organic etc., but there
doesn't seem to be any need to start out with four groups.

Also, where would biochemistry and biophysical chemistry fit in?  I suppose they
could be cross-posted to sci.bio and sci.chem (and bionet.general perhaps).

[Further discussion of this should probably take place on news.groups, and
follow-ups have been directed there.]

-- Ashwin.