[news.groups] what the f*** ? Over.

e118-ak@euler.uucp (e118 student) (03/08/89)

In article <12993@gryphon.COM> macflame@panchax.gryphon.COM writes:
>In article <7459@polya.Stanford.EDU> lipa@polya.Stanford.EDU (William J. Lipa) writes:
>>In article <4206@wiley.UUCP> david@wiley.UUCP (David Hull) writes:
>>>I, too, wish that people wouldn't post for-sale items to comp.sys.mac.
>>It seems to me that a reasonable solution would be to create a new
>>group for this purpose, called (for example) misc.forsale.mac.
>
>Duh.
>
>Did it ever occur to your pea sized monochrome minds that
>misc.forsale might be a good place to advertise a computer
>for sale, or that misc.wanted might be a nifty place to post
>a request asking if anybody had a system they might want to sell.
>richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

It occurs to me that, given the very broad natures of both comp.sys.mac
and misc.forsale, that having a specific group just for macintosh for
sale postings would be an EXCELLENT idea.  I really don't care to read
about for-sale postings for Atari, Commodore, etc., which I don't own.
Most of the time I don't care to read for-sale postings for Macintosh,
either; they clutter up comp.sys.mac.  Why not put them in a nice area
where I can find them if I want them without having to sift through
either of the more general groups?  Seems uncommonly common-sense to
me.

If anyone is counting, you may consider this a YES vote for creating
misc.forsale.mac

-- Linc Madison = e118-ak@euler.berkeley.edu
"Folk wisdom: never judge a man until you have danced in his spike
heels." (Alan Miller, from "At the Club")