[news.groups] CALL FOR VOTES: NEWGROUP comp.mail.mush

soley@moegate.UUCP (Norman S. Soley) (03/31/89)

In article <576@srhqla.UUCP> mml@srhqla.UUCP (Michael Levin) writes:

>MUSH (Mail User's SHell, by Dan Heller) is a program which is now being
>used by a lot of sites around the world (at least several hundred).
>There is currently a mail distribution group of over 100, with several
>subgroups as well, but the problems associated with mail distribution to
>that large an audience have become inordinate.
>
>	I call for the creation of 'comp.mail.mush' as a forum for the
>users of 'MUSH' to exchange ideas and to discuss problems, enhancements, etc.
>

>	Please email your votes to:
>
>		{pyramid,pacbell,csun,aeras,att}!srhqla!mml
>
>	I will tally, and post the outcome.

As much as I hate to be a whiner, I feel compelled to do it anyway.

	a)	There has been no discussion period on this.
	b) 	The call should have been crossposted to news.groups

Now that that's out of the way:

I see a need for this group and support it but would like to see some
discussion about the naming first. I think it might be a good idea to
use comp.mail.ua.mush instead of comp.mail.mush, this implies a change
of name for comp.mail.elm and comp.mail.mh as well so the effort
required might not be worth any benefit we'd get from cleaning up the
namespace a little.

comments?
--
Norman Soley - The Communications Guy - Ontario Ministry of the Environment
Until the next maps go out:	moegate!soley@ontenv.UUCP

mcr@julie.UUCP (Michael Richardson) (04/05/89)

Norman Soley writes:
>I see a need for this group and support it but would like to see some
>discussion about the naming first. I think it might be a good idea to
>use comp.mail.ua.mush instead of comp.mail.mush, this implies a change
>of name for comp.mail.elm and comp.mail.mh as well so the effort
>required might not be worth any benefit we'd get from cleaning up the
>namespace a little.

>comments?
  I would be in favour of that, but since I've not been reading Usenet
long enough to have experienced such a change I couldn't comment
on how much confusion and effort that would take.
  Would comp.mail.uucp become comp.mail.mta.uucp?

>Norman Soley - The Communications Guy - Ontario Ministry of the Environment

--

  :!mcr!:
  Michael Richardson                     Amiga
 UUCP: uunet!attcan!lsuc!nrcaer!julie!mcr  | INTERNET mcr@doe.carleton.ca
 Fido: Michael Richardson @ 1:163/109.10<--+ Alter @ 7:483/109.10