[news.groups] comp.sys.mips

jps@wucs1.wustl.edu (James Sterbenz) (06/03/89)

In article <329@indri.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu writes:
>One of the counterarguments to creation of this group was that, to this
>point, there has not been a great deal of MIPS-specific traffic.

I disagree. I think that there has been enough MIPS traffic in
comp.arch alone to justify its creation.  The only problem I see
is that many of the MIPS postings are related to RISC techniques
in general, and other architectures in particular (AMD 29K, SPARC, etc.)

A comp.sys.mips is a good idea, but we might want to consider a comp.arch
split with the creation of a comp.arch.risc.

[I hope I did this right.  I'm attempting to cross-post this to
comp.arch for obvious reasons, but to keep followups in news.groups]

--
James Sterbenz  Computer and Communications Research Center
                Washington University in St. Louis 314-726-4203