[news.groups] comp.sys.intergraph?

scott@dtscp1.UUCP (Scott Barman) (06/07/89)

Hi folks,  I found this little message in my mailbox:

>From news Tue Jun  6 23:10 EDT 1989
>Date: 7 Jun 89 03:10:03 GMT
>To: usenet
>Subject: Newsgroup comp.sys.intergraph created
>Responding-System: dtscp1.UUCP
>
>A new newsgroup called 'comp.sys.intergraph' has been created by
>emory!gatech!bloom-beacon!apple!ames!lll-winken!uunet!ingr!b11!usenet.

I want to know why was it created without discussion?  Since we are
just a little behind in unbatching news because of a power outage,
should I expect an rmgroup request for this to show up soon?

How dare he who uses this anarchy for thy own purpose! :-) :-) :-)

--
scott barman
{gatech, emory}!dtscp1!scott

woods@ncar.ucar.edu (Greg Woods) (06/08/89)

In article <750@dtscp1.UUCP> scott@dtscp1.UUCP (Scott Barman) writes:
>>A new newsgroup called 'comp.sys.intergraph' has been created by
>>emory!gatech!bloom-beacon!apple!ames!lll-winken!uunet!ingr!b11!usenet.
>
>I want to know why was it created without discussion?

   I don't know why either, but it shouldn't have been. I have already
sent out an rmgroup for it (as has at least one other person).

--Greg