[news.groups] newgroup news.software.anu-news

mike@unmvax.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) (07/07/89)

In article <4596a@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> SLOANE@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Bob Sloane) writes:
>For discussions of the News software package for VMS by Geoff Huston of the
>Australian National University.

What the hell?  I don't recall any vote, discussions, or comments in news.groups
about this!  I think the responsible people (if there ARE any left) should issue
a rmgroup...

  Michael I. Bushnell       \     This above all; to thine own self be true
         GIG!                \    And it must follow, as the night the day,
mike@turing.cs..unm.edu      /\   Thou canst not be false to any man.
Snail mail: 87196-4292      /  \  Farewell:  my blessing season this in thee!

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (07/07/89)

In article <202@unmvax.unm.edu> mike@unmvax.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) writes:
>What the hell?  I don't recall any vote, discussions, or comments in news.groups
>about this!  I think the responsible people (if there ARE any left) should issue
>a rmgroup...
>
>  Michael I. Bushnell       \     This above all; to thine own self be true
>         GIG!                \    And it must follow, as the night the day,
>mike@turing.cs..unm.edu      /\   Thou canst not be false to any man.
>Snail mail: 87196-4292      /  \  Farewell:  my blessing season this in thee!

You mean you didn't get this article?

From: SLOANE@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Bob Sloane)
Newsgroups: news.groups
Subject: VOTE RESULTS: news.software.anu-news
Date: 30 Jun 89 22:01:33 GMT

Hi All,

Well the voting is over for news.software.anu-news.  The final results were
130 YES to 12 NO, so the proposal passed.  Following my signature is the list
of voters.  Assuming there are no errors in my tally of the votes, the group
will be created on July 5, 1989.  Thanks to all who participated in the vote.
+-------------------+-------------------------------------+------------------+
|  Bob Sloane        \Internet: SLOANE@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU/Anything I said is |
|  Computer Center    \ BITNET: SLOANE@UKANVAX.BITNET   / my opinion, not my |
|  University of Kansas\  AT&T: (913) 864-0444         /  employer's.        |
+-----------------------+-----------------------------+----------------------+
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

wisner@mica.Berkeley.EDU (Bill Wisner) (07/07/89)

mike@unmvax.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) writes:

>What the hell?  I don't recall any vote, discussions, or comments in
>news.groups about this!  I think the responsible people (if there ARE any
>left) should issue a rmgroup...

One crawls out for every new group..

Bill Wisner		wisner@mica.berkeley.edu	     ucbvax!mica!wisner
I'm not the NRA either.

mike@unmvax.cs.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) (07/07/89)

[Open mouth; remove foot.]

Whoops!  I guess I totally spaced on this one.  I apologize to the
creator and the rest of the net for my hastiness.