[news.groups] Mid-Vote Postings

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (07/18/89)

I still see nothing wrong in posting the votes during
the voting period.  If an individual lets the tally
discourage him/her, that's said person's problem.

Me, I take *any* vote on a serious matter seriously.
That's why I get upset with Brad's elitist comments that
any given person's vote doesn't matter.

Jeff Daiell

--
         "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good ...
        Oh, Lord,  please don't let me be misunderstood!"

                              -- The Animals

Horne-Scott@cs.yale.edu (Scott Horne) (07/19/89)

In article <5050@ficc.uu.net>, jeffd@ficc (jeff daiell) writes:

> I still see nothing wrong in posting the votes during
> the voting period.  If an individual lets the tally
> discourage him/her, that's said person's problem.

No.  Posting votes midway through influences the vote unfairly.  What would
you think about posting vote summaries periodically during a presidential
election?

					--Scott

Scott Horne                              Hacker-in-Chief, Yale CS Dept Facility
horne@cs.Yale.edu                         ...!{harvard,cmcl2,decvax}!yale!horne
Home: 203 789-0877     SnailMail:  Box 7196 Yale Station, New Haven, CT   06520
Work: 203 432-1260              Summer residence:  175 Dwight St, New Haven, CT
Dare I speak for the amorphous gallimaufry of intellectual thought called Yale?