[news.groups] Call for discussion- rec.sport restructure

nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) (09/22/89)

In article <2902@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
>Has anyone given though to what would happen to
>rec.sport.{football,basketball} after the split? Would they go away?
>Could they, instead, be kept around to provide a place to put
>discussions that cross the pro/amateur boundary?

The original call for discussion mentioned that the original groups
would be removed 30 days after the creation of the new groups.

--
James C. Armstrong, Jr		att!attdso!terminus!nyssa

kdepner@dante.nmsu.EDU (Kurt Depner) (09/23/89)

I don't follow the other sports besides football, but I absolutely
think that the ncaa and nfl should be split up.  As a college football
fan, I can't stand wading through endless reams of redskins stories.
A YES vote from me.