[news.groups] Much ado about newsgroups

wbt@cbnews.ATT.COM (William B. Thacker) (10/06/89)

In article <897@nigel.udel.EDU> berryh@udel.edu (John Berryhill) writes:

>When you have all made up your mind whether the world will come to a
>screeching halt if the group is put into sci.* or rec.*, please let
>me know.  I have some sick goldfish (and yes Richard, they are still
>alive at least).

See ?  See ????

Here we have another failure of the newsgroup creation guidelines !!

This man has a MEDICAL EMERGENCY on his hands; his poor pets are dying
a slow, agonizing death, while we sit here on high and debate the
wisdom of the newgroup that could SAVE their very LIVES !  Are we gods
that we care so little for such tragedies ?  Are we not humane ?

Nay, I say thee, nay !  Do not go gentle into that good heirarchy !
Let us neither suffer the slings and arrows of Sexton flames, nor
brave the perilous line between Chuq and Oleg !  Deny thy heirarchy,
and refuse thy name !  For would not alt.aquaria by any other name
smell so damp ?

Remember, no man is an island (*);  but some newsgroups are all wet.
Save the goldfish !

(*) excepting, possibly, Man-hattan.

This posting brought to you by the Development Fund for Frustrated
Emoters, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.  For a transcripts,
send check or money order for $2 to:

- - - - - - - - valuable coupon - - - - - - - clip and save - - - - - - - -
Bill Thacker						wbt@cbnews.att.com
   "C" combines the power of assembly language with the flexibility of
   assembly language.