[news.groups] Creation of Sci.fishy-business - yet another flame.

matoh@sssab.se (Mats Ohrman) (10/09/89)

BRIDGE@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (JOHN BRIDGE) writes:
>     P.S. to last comment.  SCI. and AQUARIA transliterate correctly in
                             ^Vetenskap    ^Akvarium
                              (swedish)
                              Wissenschaft
                              (german)

>three of the four Scandanavian languages, German, and all the romance
>languages.  REC. and PETS do not and even might be confusing. Participants
    Rekreation^         ^Husdjur
    (swedish)

>in this forum will be using English, but the association of REC and PETS
>with aquariums may seem obscure to some not familiar with American
>idiosynchrosies.  No big deal, but its another point to consider.  John

In swedish, the name for "pets" is "husdjur", which means "houseanimal",
i.e an animal you keep in your house. In swedish idiom, pets is quite
compatible with aquarium fish.

What this has to do with anything, I fail to understand.

 /* Flame ON */

The level of b*llsh*t and totally erroneous arguments seems constantly
high in these discussions.

Why don't we move news.groups to alt? It seems to be where it belongs,
if you look at the quality.

 /* Flame OFF */
--
       _                            :  matoh@sssab.se
/ Mats Ohrman,                      :  {mcvax,munnari,uunet}!sunic!sssab!matoh

BRIDGE@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (JOHN BRIDGE) (10/10/89)

Welcome to alt.aquaria, Mats.  Do you keep fish?  Cheers,  John