[news.groups] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: sci.sources.cats

dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) (10/09/89)

This newsgroup would consist of discussions of cat-breeders and other
places that sell cats.  Cat breeding is obvously a science and this
group would be about "sources" of cats for sale so sci.sources.cats
is obviously the correct name.  Besides, I feed my cats a product
called "Science Diet" so anything to do with these animals is
scientific.

I am also considering calling for the group comp.motss.cats because
my cats are all female.  This group would be for discussions of
the problems associated with having a personal computer in a household
populated by uni-sexed cats.  For instance, do female cats walk on
the keyboard more often?  Do male cats shed hair which clogs-up the
disk drives?

Since these are obviously the correct names, no amount of flamage
will change my mind and I will call for votes in due course.
--
Remember Tiananmen Square.           | David Messer       dave@Lynx.MN.Org -or-

tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (TJ Wood WA3VQJ) (10/10/89)

In article <2782@viper.Lynx.MN.Org> dave@viper (David Messer) writes:
>This newsgroup would consist of discussions of cat-breeders and other
 .
 .
 .
>I am also considering calling for the group comp.motss.cats because
>my cats are all female.  This group would be for discussions of
>the problems associated with having a personal computer in a household
>populated by uni-sexed cats.

>Since these are obviously the correct names, no amount of flamage
>will change my mind and I will call for votes in due course.

While I tend to agree with you, the Name Group Czar of cis.pitt.edu
(bozo@vms.cis.pitt.edu) insists that, in order to accomodate all
interested parties, the name of your proposed group must be:
	comp.motss.cats.swl

Please don't "split the vote" by running 2 votes at once, as everyone
knows that you must vote "yes" for one proposal and "no" for the other.

Terry
--
(UUCP)     {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore, cadre}!pitt!cisunx!cisvms!tjw
(BITNET)   TJW@PITTVMS  (or) TJW@PITTUNIX