[news.groups] Sci.aquaria. Moderated ?

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/12/89)

In article <7115@ll1a.att.com> cej@ll1a.att.com (Jones) writes:

>	Richard, since you don't want to try STV until the issue is
>settled, would you consider a moderated sci.aquaria?  (I'm not trying
>to use it as a hammer, but I do believe that a vote on an unmoderated
>sci.aquaria will fail.)  If it's moderated, *then* I could believe that
>it would live up to your proposed charter.

Yes, I'd thought about that (and even mentioned that in a previous
post) and my position is that if people are not using the
happens every September) and are sending postings around
the world that should probably be kept local, or statewide or
limited to North America,  then I reserve the right to moderate
the group. Primarily for the purpose of fixing the bloody
Distribution line.

Also, we're goig to try something a little beyond the usual concept
of the cyclic ``frequently asked questions'' posting in that
it will include a list of email adresses of people who are prepared
to accept questions people are not quite sure about asking, broken
down into areas of expertise.

--
            Help wipe out BBQ lighter fluid in your lifetime
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV