[news.groups] Call for votes: rec.sport.football split

c9d-ca@seymour.Berkeley.EDU (John Doe) (10/11/89)

(The Prime Minister) writes:
*This is a Call For Votes for splitting rec.sport.football
*into rec.sport.football.amateur and rec.sport.football.pro.
*
*A Yes vote indicates that you want the group split.  On
*October 26, newgroups would be issued for the two groups.
*On November 21, a rmgroup would be issued for rec.sport.football.
*
*Send your vote to: terminus!footvote
*
*If possible, indicate "YES" or "NO" on the subject line.
*
*Voting closes October 19.

Since I am unable to send mail to terminus!footvote, and since the original
poster of the message is unable to advise me how to send mail to that
address, I am posting my YES vote here.

JD

nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) (10/11/89)

In article <18171@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> c9d-ca@seymour.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (John Doe) writes:
>Since I am unable to send mail to terminus!footvote, and since the original
>poster of the message is unable to advise me how to send mail to that
>address, I am posting my YES vote here.

Posted votes cannot count, but if you are having trouble getting mail
to terminus, you can send to my work account:  att!lzatt!jca
(jca@lzatt.att.com)

I will forward them along.
--
James C. Armstrong, Jr		att!attdso!terminus!nyssa

cik@l.cc.purdue.edu (Herman Rubin) (10/12/89)

In article <18171@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, c9d-ca@seymour.Berkeley.EDU (John Doe) writes:
  *A Yes vote indicates that you want the group split.  On
  *October 26, newgroups would be issued for the two groups.
  *On November 21, a rmgroup would be issued for rec.sport.football.
  *
  *Send your vote to: terminus!footvote
  *
  *If possible, indicate "YES" or "NO" on the subject line.
  *
  *Voting closes October 19.

> Since I am unable to send mail to terminus!footvote, and since the original
> poster of the message is unable to advise me how to send mail to that
> address, I am posting my YES vote here.
>
> JD

I find myself in exactly the same position.  I likewise wish to vote YES.
Phone: (317)494-6054
hrubin@l.cc.purdue.edu (Internet, bitnet, UUCP)