[news.groups] -----CALL FOR VOTES: sci.skeptic.mod

gwh@earthquake.Berkeley.EDU (George William Herbert) (10/17/89)

In article <1989Oct16.072701.7059@agate.berkeley.edu> gsmith@garnet.berkeley.edu (Gene W. Smith) writes:

>>>and I tend to believe that skeptic
>>>should go in sci (as an important part of science is clarifying its
>>>fringes), though a case could be made for misc.
>
>>I could make a stronger case for soc, for the reason that the primary
>>function of the paranormal skeptics is not to bring a scientific basis to
>>the paranormal, but to use technology and logic to debunk paranormal
>>hoaxsters and bring rationality to society in it's views on the paranormal.
>
>  The only science in the group now and about all there has been
>in some time is a totally irrelevant thread about the Earth going
>around the Sun, started by yours truly. And this is a just a
>flame-fest for science geeks anyway.
>--

	I hereby propose that sci.skeptic be rmgrouped, and re-created
with our emminent mr. Smith as moderator.  If he refuses, we should
impose it upon him anyway, as he obviously wants it to be on a much
higher level and he is the obvious cantidate... :)

	George William Herbert
gwh@ocf.berkeley.edu, maniac@garnet.berkeley.edu