[news.groups] Scaling back pescy elitism

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (10/13/89)

It was suggested that the best place for data on aquaria is
in scientific journals.  As has been suggested before, if
one is interested in that elevated a level of discussion,

(1) create sci.bio.aquatic (or sci.oceanography, or oceanology)

or

(2) let the zealots keep alt.aquaria while the dilettantes
    create rec.aquaria.

Tanks to all,

Jeff

Just an aside: what do you call hordes of people forming
               partnerships?
               Teaming multitudes!

--
               My vocabulary can beat up your vocabulary.

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) (10/22/89)

In article <6525@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>(1) create sci.bio.aquatic (or sci.oceanography, or oceanology)

How does either of those groups address fresh water biotopes?  And how does
oceanography relate to setting up a working marine ecology in a finite and
limited space?

>(2) let the zealots keep alt.aquaria while the dilettantes
>    create rec.aquaria.

Wait till the end of the current vote and propose rec.aquaria once the
results are known.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg@seas.ucla.edu, oleg@gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg