[news.groups] info needed on beginners aquarium

gsmith@garnet.berkeley.edu (Gene W. Smith) (10/22/89)

In article <13052@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, almajid@boulder (Ramzi
Al-Majid) writes:

>I'd like to keep an aquarium at home but i haven't had one before and i
>adon't know what to start with. my favorite fish is the  lionhead gold
>fish. can anybody out there give me suggestions/directions.?
>thanks in advance.

  Certainly. Wait until sci.aquaria gets created, then post
again.  Your research proposal can then be given the amount and
kind of attention it deserves, and your results given peer
review. Do you intend to publish? You should. Lionhead gold fish
are an important and neglected topic. Get Richard Sexton and Oleg
Kiselev to help, they would be happy to.
--
ucbvax!garnet!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/Garnet Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
ucbvax!bosco!gsmith    "Slime is the agony of water" -- Jean-Paul Sartre

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/23/89)

In article <1989Oct22.091440.22843@agate.berkeley.edu> gsmith@garnet.berkeley.edu (Gene W. Smith) writes:
>In article <13052@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, almajid@boulder (Ramzi
>Al-Majid) writes:
>
>>I'd like to keep an aquarium at home but i haven't had one before and i
>>adon't know what to start with. my favorite fish is the  lionhead gold
>>fish. can anybody out there give me suggestions/directions.?
>>thanks in advance.
>
>  Certainly. Wait until sci.aquaria gets created, then post
>again.  Your research proposal can then be given the amount and
>kind of attention it deserves, and your results given peer
>review. Do you intend to publish? You should. Lionhead gold fish
>are an important and neglected topic. Get Richard Sexton and Oleg
>Kiselev to help, they would be happy to.

Haha funny guy. I assume you wrote both postings?

Now, why don't you run along and read every article in every
sci group and post the ones here that don't belong in sci ?

I just read sci.environment for the first time, and read 300
messages. Most of them were pretty good, but I'm wondering
who stole the science out of the sci group.

The whole current method of newsgroup taxonomy reminds me
of a botanist assiging species names by color of the
flower in instead of phylonogenic differences.
--
                  Surgical tools for mutant women
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV