[news.groups] Just who reads USENET anyway ?

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/21/89)

In article <824@pmafire.UUCP> geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) writes:
>In article <21035@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>
>>>rec.games.vectrex 00136 00136 y
>>
>>Worldwide there are appx. 230,000 vectrix machines but 65 million
>>aquriums.
>>
>>Wierd.
>
>What's so wierd?  This is a good indication that Europe *would* carry
>rec.aquaria.

Alright, let me spell it out for you. Your average vectirx game owner
is likely to be a technoid propellor head computer weenie. That
person will take the time and trouble to hack around on the
computer they spend considerable time on, and find the vectrix
group.

Your average aquarist on the other hand, is not
likely to know what USENET is, even though they may be
on a machine that gets it. They arn't going to arrange a
feed of that one group - they won't even know it exists.

(As an aside, look at John Berryhill. The guy is everywhere.
All because one day he typed ``rn'' instead of something
else when when he was trying to delete a file)

--
                  Surgical tools for mutant women
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

berryh@udel.edu (John Berryhill) (10/23/89)

In article <21137@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:

>(As an aside, look at John Berryhill.

Whoops, hang on a sec, let me get some clothes on...
--
							      John Berryhill
"Tasty Snacks in Cellophane Packs"         143 King William, Newark DE 19711