[news.groups] ``rec.aquarium'' distribution flap

gil@banyan.UUCP (Gil Pilz@Eng@Banyan) (10/25/89)

In article <21129@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>The ruling I got jut last week from Europe is the same as I've
>been getting for 1.5 years from them. Rec.aquaria won't,
>sci.aquaria will.

sure, "Pay no attention to the man behind the screen, I am the great
and powerful OZ !" . . it's funny . . . just recently there was talk
of hiding 'the distribution issue' behind a veil of science posturing,
but I think just the opposite is occuring . . what we have is a bunch
of egotistical hobbyists hiding behind a veil of distribution issue's
. .  maybe if we gave the various domains and groups Latin names (with
'the look and feel of *real* science') _then_ they'd think about where
IT _should_ go, instead of where they'd like to believe it belongs

"this is the spawning of the cage and aquarium
 don't speak a moment to soon
 used to be different, now you're the same
 yawn as your plane goes down in flames"
	- they might be giants