[news.groups] aliens stole my newsgroup!

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/22/89)

In article <6829@hubcap.clemson.edu> rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu (Richard Champeaux) writes:

>Someone has already mentioned that the sci.aquaria vote is already in
>violation of net rules because the discussion has gone on for too long.

>I believe this same person has claimed that the sci.aquaria vote is no
>longer valid.

See! Aliens!

Could it be that you don't really know what the guideliens (not rules) are ?

>(Not really knowing the rules, I realize that this might not be true

Hi ho!

>   No matter which hierarchy this newsgroup is in, it will still be oriented
>towards the hobbyist.

So whats wrong with that ? Half of comp is filled with peoples
hobbies. Sci.bio doesnt have any real biologists or even people
who ``do biology'' as a hobby; they just talk about it.

>   Now what kind of statement is this?  It's rather childish and it certainly
>lowers people's view of you.  The amiga is no more a toy than any other personal
>computer and it's actually more advanced than all of them.  Sure, it has some
>features that allow it to do games very well, but you will find as many games,
>if not more, on the IBM-PC and the MAC.  Perhaps the IBM-PC is not considered
>a game machine because it so poorly supports features required by games.

*Yawn*

When I got my Amiga I was one of it's strongest proponents. It just has't
panned out though. It's a game machine. A very good one, but so is nintendo.

I unsubscribed to comp.sys.amiga, becasue unlike the net.micro.amiga
of yore, c.s.a is all games (with the odd diskperf posting when somebody
finds a news hard disk) c.s.a.tech should stay where it is, s.c.a
should be moved to talk or something.

Of course this all applies to the Mac as well.

>I suppose that we could really go off the deep end and determine the
>latin word for aquariums, aquarium,

This is a good idea. Does anybody know the Latin word for aquarium ?

--
                  Surgical tools for mutant women
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

In article <21192@gryphon.COM>, richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:

|  So whats wrong with that ? Half of comp is filled with peoples
|  hobbies. Sci.bio doesnt have any real biologists or even people
|  who ``do biology'' as a hobby; they just talk about it.

  Are you laying the foundation for sci.sex? To paraphrase:

                        Half of sex is filled with peoples
hobbies. atl.sex doesnt have any real fornicators or even people
who ``do sex'' as a hobby; they just talk about it.

Couldn't resist, flames by mail.
that the world is flat!" - anon