[news.groups] Call for VOTES for the: Oper.Research/Mangnt.Sci. Group...

E3T@PSUVM.BITNET (10/27/89)

I----------------------------------------------------------I
I                CALL FOR VOTES FOR THE                    I
I  OPERATIONS  RESEARCH / MANAGEMENT  SCIENCE   NEWSGROUP  I
I----------------------------------------------------------I

The   Operations    Research/Management   Science    (OR/MS)
(proposed name: SCI.MATH.OR_MS     : Issues on
                Operations Research / Management Science   )
electronic newsgroup  will contribute to the  disciplines of
Operations Research and Management Science.   Although there
are  many  technical  electronic newsgroups,   there  is  no
newsgroup dedicated to  issues solely related to  OR and MS.
The   proposed newsgroup  will provide  a  forum for  making
conference announcements,  meeting announcements,  calls for
papers,  and stimulating discussions among people interested
in such issues as:    Mathematical Programming (for example,
Linear       Programming,         Integer       Programming,
Dynamic  Programming),  Decision - Making,  Expert  Systems,
AI and OR, and other related OR / MS topics.

If  you  believe  that  the  creation  of  the  above  OR/MS
newsgroup is a good idea,  please send e-mail with your vote
(yes or No) or comments to the following e-address:

I----------------------------------------------------------I
I            e-address:     E3T@PSUVM.BITNET               I
I----------------------------------------------------------I
I            Evangelos  Triantaphyllou                     I
I            Candidate for the Dual Ph.D. in IE and OR     I
I            Penn  State  University                       I
I            Department of Industrial Engineering          I
I            Hammond Building, rm 207                      I
I            University Park, PA 16802, U.S.A.             I
I----------------------------------------------------------I

chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) (10/27/89)

According to E3T@PSUVM.BITNET:
>I----------------------------------------------------------I
>I                CALL FOR VOTES FOR THE                    I
>I  OPERATIONS  RESEARCH / MANAGEMENT  SCIENCE   NEWSGROUP  I

Sigh.

Don't send votes, people.  The quoted article was only a test of the
Newsgroup Bogosity System.

I'll send this joker a copy of the guidelines.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip@ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>