[news.groups] Moderator needed

wbt@cbnews.ATT.COM (William B. Thacker) (10/26/89)

In article <8316@medusa.cs.purdue.edu> spaf@cs.purdue.EDU (Gene Spafford) writes:

(in his list of moderators)

>soc.politics.arms-d
>	Herb Lin		arms-d-request@xx.lcs.mit.edu

This group has been inactive for many moons, now, and I've been unable to
reach Herb Lin by either address.   Is Herb no longer among us ?  Is he
still interested in running the group ?

If not, how would we go about replacing him ?   The arms-d group used to
serve a useful function, being fairly low-volume and flame-free.  Futher,
it would help shunt away some arms-control topics from sci.military, where
I'm forced to reject them to talk.politics.misc, where they're absorbed
into the kitty litter copiously strewn about that newsgroup.

I would guess that all it takes is a volunteer and a letter to Spaf.
Is anyone interested in the job (I'm definitely not !) ?

- - - - - - - - valuable coupon - - - - - - - clip and save - - - - - - - -
Bill Thacker						wbt@cbnews.att.com
	    Black Holes are where God is dividing by zero

mesard@bbn.com (Wayne Mesard) (10/29/89)

wbt@cbnews.ATT.COM (William B. Thacker,00440,cb,1D211,6148604019) writes:
>>soc.politics.arms-d
>>	Herb Lin		arms-d-request@xx.lcs.mit.edu
>
>This group has been inactive for many moons, now, and I've been unable to
>reach Herb Lin by either address.   Is Herb no longer among us ?
>   The arms-d group used to
>serve a useful function, being fairly low-volume and flame-free.

Good.  By all means, let's find a new moderator; and as long as we're at
it, let's take this opportunity to move it to talk.* where it belongs.

--
unsigned *Wayne_Mesard();        "Being confused is like being
Mesard@BBN.COM                    depressed, but you get to listen