[news.groups] First nazis, then the end of the net, now sexism.

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/30/89)

In article <35995@apple.Apple.COM> lsefton@Apple.COM (Laurie Sefton) writes:
>I voted on sci.aquaria, and this is what I received in response:

You know of course that posting emai lcauses the end of the world
as we know it, plus it's illegal. The correct way to handle this
is to paraphrase the email.

>From gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov Fri Oct 27 16:53:17 1989
>
>Now why would you want to vote no ? Is this you chuq ?

{ranitng about my being a sexist pig deleted]

Based of private email exchanges woth Chuq von Rospach I have
reason to suspect a bunch of less than real votes from apple.com.

Be that as it may, there is nothing above that indicated sexism. That
is just the most bizarre conclusion I've ever seen drawn from a scant
fact of two.

I may be a pig, but I'm not sexist.

Feel entirely welcome to demonstrate how this is sexist though.

And yes, everyone who votes gets the same response. There's been
so much bullshit about this whole issue, not to mention highly
improprietous acts by the allegedly objective Mr. Woods that I though
a pointer to one article that represented what the whole group
is about may help.

I've cross posted this to soc.women to get a more objective
handle on this sexist issue, to alt.flame because this
pissed me off, and to the new group alt.stupidity because
thats where the things belongs in the first place.

--
``Mathematics is a fiction created by man to rationalize the universe. It
          is not a science''  - Thomas Silverton, 1799.

chapin@cbnewsc.ATT.COM ( Tom Chapin ) (10/30/89)

Richard Sexton writes:
>Laurie Sefton writes: [something or other...]
>I've cross posted this to soc.women to get a more objective
>handle on this sexist issue, to alt.flame because this
>pissed me off, and to the new group alt.stupidity because
>thats where the things belongs in the first place.

Well, we at the illustrious AT&T sites don't get alt.stupidity so we
must not have any here, and we don't get alt.flame cause we must not
have any here, and we don't get talk rape so we must not have any of
that either, and so naturally we don't get alt.sex because we don't...

oh, never mind, I've forgotten what it was all about anyway...

--
     tom chapin                att!hrccb!tjc         tjc@hrccb.att.com