[news.groups] talk.politics.guns not serving its intended purpose?

bill@flash.UUCP (William Swan) (10/28/89)

In article <4860@ncar.ucar.edu> gary@cgdisis.ucar.edu (Gary Strand) writes:
}hb: Hank Bovis >gs: Gary Strand
}gs: Ed, ...  Let's take this to talk.politics.guns ...
}hb: Thanx, Gary... for trying anyway...
}
}  Believe me, I've tried at least 3 or 4 times to get this re-directed to
}  t.p.g. Ed is recalcitrant, although he once said he'd like to straighten
}  out the "bozos" over there.

Sounds like talk.politics.guns isn't serving its (stated) purpose if
those arguing one side of the issue refuse to carry on the discussion
in the appropriate group.

Shall we rmgroup talk.politics.guns so that the discussion may appropriately
take place in misc.legal, soc.men, and wherever else Ed Nilges broaches the
issues?

--
Bill Swan  entropy.ms.washington.edu!sigma!bill  Send postal address for info:
	Innocent but in prison in Washington State for 13.5 years:

sorsby@DSPO.GOV (Charlie Sorsby) (10/31/89)

In article <248@flash.UUCP>, bill@flash.UUCP (William Swan) writes:
> In article <4860@ncar.ucar.edu> gary@cgdisis.ucar.edu (Gary Strand) writes:
> }gs: Ed, ...  Let's take this to talk.politics.guns ...
[..]
> }  Believe me, I've tried at least 3 or 4 times to get this re-directed to
> }  t.p.g. Ed is recalcitrant,
[...]
> Sounds like talk.politics.guns isn't serving its (stated) purpose if
> those arguing one side of the issue refuse to carry on the discussion
> in the appropriate group.

Or, perhaps, there are those who prefer to bleat in newgroups where
fewer people know about the issues?

It is much more difficult to make a point where, not only is there
opposition to the premise, but where there are many who know why
the premise is bogus.

Best,

Charlie Sorsby						"I'm the NRA!"
	crs@lambda.lanl.gov