[news.groups] New newsgroup voting scheme

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/29/89)

My first act as the newest newsgroup Czar is to solicit comments
on yet another yet another newsgroup voting scheme.

This one is very, very simple, and patterned off a scheme used in alt
that works quite well.

``A group on USENET will exists if there are 100 more newgroups
than rmgroups''

--
``Mathematics is a fiction created by man to rationalize the universe. It
          is not a science''  - Thomas Silverton, 1799.

>``A group on USENET will exists if there are 100 more newgroups
>than rmgroups''

This, of course, the exact scheme some of us were trying to avoid. It was
tried once before. If you like chaos, you'll love Richard's new policies.

But then, I'm just a user and richard's a net.god. So what do I know?

--

Chuq Von Rospach <+> Editor,OtherRealms <+> Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com <+> CI$: 73317,635 <+> [This is myself speaking]

Trust Mama Nature to remind us just how important things like sci.aquaria's
name really is in the scheme of things.

tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (TJ Wood WA3VQJ) (10/31/89)

In article <21594@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>My first act as the newest newsgroup Czar is to solicit comments
>on yet another yet another newsgroup voting scheme.

>This one is very, very simple, and patterned off a scheme used in alt
>that works quite well.

>``A group on USENET will exists if there are 100 more newgroups
>than rmgroups''

Hear, here!  There their! Where wear!

The USENET is DEAD!  Long live the USELESSNET!

Terry "where is Ron when you need him" Wood

--
(UUCP)     {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore, cadre}!pitt!cisunx!cisvms!tjw
(BITNET)   TJW@PITTVMS  (or) TJW@PITTUNIX