[news.groups] Results of voting: rec.sport.{basketball,football} split

scott@nastar.UUCP (Scott Barman) (11/01/89)

In article <21256@terminus.UUCP> nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) writes:
>I suspect several votes failed to arrive due to confusion about the
>address.  Between the call for discussion and the call for votes, the
>machine I am on was dropped by a major feed, which also removed us from
>a domain.  This leads me to recommend that future votes have mailboxes
>established at a known site (uunet, perhaps?) which forwards votes to
>the appropriate vote counter.

If this is the case, then maybe we should give it another chance?
I would volunteer this machine for the vote (we are connected to gatech
and is a very reliable site) but we are having disk problems....  If we can
wait a few weeks....

However, if the net.sticklers do not want to just re-vote with mail problems
solved, then why don't we re-introduce it for discussion, etc.  (i.e. whatever
the now accepted procedure is).

Eventhough I voted for the split of both newsgroups, I have no problems with
the way it is now.  However, I would hate to see a vote fail because of
email problems.

--
scott barman
{gatech, emory}!nastar!scott	<-- please note new address