[news.groups] ****

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (11/01/89)

In article <36053@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:

>I'll both agree and disagree. I agree that in light of recent events we
>should sit down and tighten up definitions and procedures.

This sounds more like an attempt to make an end run power play.

I'd be much more interested in discussing how we're going
to handle the massive increase in newsgroups over the next
10 years and try to establish a meaningful taxa. I have this
sneaking suspicioun that right about the time we start having
newsgroup names with six dots in them we scrap the whole thing
and use the Dewey Decimal system.

This has nothing to do with the fact that in the library,
books about tropical fish are right next to books about
oceanography.

--
You don't want to send mail to Richard. He's dead.