[news.groups] INDOOR Birds

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (11/01/89)

In article <89443@pyramid.pyramid.com> sandra@pyrtech.pyramid.com (Sandra Macika) writes:

>Well, I got lots of flame on the PETS vs. BIRDWATCHING issue.
>
>Sorry for all of you that I offended.
>
>How about we include a header in the subject line like:
>
>INDOOR
>
>  or
>
>OUTDOOR
>
>This way the KILL file would automatically delete all the articles in the
>subject that one is not interested in.
>
>Let me know what you think!

This is one of the biggest jokes on USENET. rec.birds is about
birdwatching. Duh.

Non birdwatching related postings will continue until rec.birdwatching
is created.

I'd like to see rec.birdwatching created. I'd like to see rec.pets
splayed open and rec.dogs, rec.cats and rec.birds created.

I don't think rec.pets.cats makes a whole lot of sense a
the .pets is implied by the .cats. Even if it were not, and
people wanted to post about raising cheetahs for a zoo, rec.cats
would be a more appropriate place to post than anyplace else.

Additionally, I'd like to see rec.pets.misc for the snakes/ferrets/
lizards and other odds and ends.

What will happen to rec.pets ? Same thing as comp.unix. It
will blow away in the winds of change.

Tricky things, those winds.

Post or email me your ideas, as you see fit; I'll summarize

        richard@gryphon.COM     {routing site}!gryphon!richard