[news.groups] .aquarium -- just VOTE NO

jwi@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (10/24/89)

> Brad Templeton writes:

> A note to people on both sides.  The *guidelines*, as they say themselves,
> are just *guidelines*.  Got it?  Good.
>
> As they themselves, say, a "vote" is NOT "invalid" just because it
> doesn't follow one or more (or indeed *all*) of the guidelines.  So don't
> all get up and shout about it.

It is no longer a question of validity, but of confusion.

I have already voted against Richard Sexton
(personally, but that includes sci.aquaria).

I would prefer to see the results of this vote before taking another.

I am annoyed enough at this whole thing to VOTE NO to all variations
until people stop screaming. Alt. aquaria seems to be doing just fine
as is.

Since it ain't broke, let's not fix it.

Since people with European addresses are telling us that they get
alt.aquaria, we don't have a genuine need to change the name
to get to Europe. Perhaps Mr. Sexton fails to realize that
	a) being in Europe,
	b) keeping fish, and
	c) having Usenet access
are not necessarily related.
Perhaps it's just that the Europeans prefer
not to get involved in this petty shit.

Jim Winer -- The opinions expressed here are not necessarily
	     and do not represent nor in any way imply
	     of any other sane person and especially not
	     employer.
"I'd like to see this petty bickering ended so we could get to some
more important bickering." -- David Bedno

All right Jim, you have said exactly what I've been wanting to say for
weeks.  I'm so sick and tired of reading flames and whining.  Let's get
back to talking about aquaria.  How bout it, huh?

Steve