[news.groups] Fall weeding?

kjones@talos.uucp (Kyle Jones) (11/10/89)

John Ockerbloom writes:
 > In looking through my .newsrc, I noticed 2 groups on Spaf's list which
 > haven't gotten any traffic at least in the last few months:
 >
 > 	comp.sys.m88k
 > 	soc.human-nets
 >
 > Is there still interest in keeping these groups around?  Or might
 > they be candidates for rmgrouping or moderator change?  (Or does
 > it really matter?)

If a group can fail to be created because of insufficent interest, then
existing groups with no articles in them should be removed for the same
reason.

spok@gs6.sp.cs.cmu.edu (John Ockerbloom) (11/10/89)

[I wrote:]
> In looking through my .newsrc, I noticed 2 groups on Spaf's list which
> haven't gotten any traffic at least in the last few months:
>
> 	comp.sys.m88k
> 	soc.human-nets

...and then saw the first article in comp.sys.m88k shortly thereafter.

As another reader pointed out to me, c.s.m88k is a new group-- I was
confusing it with another group that had been around for a while.
Unfortunately, this site won't let me cancel articles.  Nobody rmgroup
c.s.m88k because of my article!

Sorry about the mixup,
  John Ockerbloom
ockerbloom@cs.cmu.edu                      ...!uunet!cs.cmu.edu!ockerbloom