[news.groups] Call for discussion - comp.sys.ncr

news1@texbell.swbt.com (Greg Hackney) (10/30/89)

We host a large international mailing list for NCR Tower users
that that wishes to convert to the newsgroup "comp.sys.ncr". The
proposed newsgroup will be for discussion of NCR computing products,
including the NCR Tower family.

This is a call for discussion to create that group.

--
Greg Hackney
Southwestern Bell Telephone Co., Dallas

hl.rogers@ofc.Columbia.NCR.COM (hl.rogers) (10/31/89)

In article <598@texbell.swbt.com> news1@texbell.swbt.com (Greg Hackney) writes:

>We host a large international mailing list for NCR Tower users
>that that wishes to convert to the newsgroup "comp.sys.ncr". The
>proposed newsgroup will be for discussion of NCR computing products,
>including the NCR Tower family.
>
>This is a call for discussion to create that group.

I support the creation of comp.sys.ncr and propose it be modeled
after the other newsgroups in the comp.sys hierarchy.  I prefer it
be unmoderated.
--
HL Rogers    (hl.rogers@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM)
Me?  Speak for my company??  HA!  HA HA!  HA HA HA HA HA HA .....

paul@deadpup.UUCP (paul) (11/11/89)

In article <394@ofc.Columbia.NCR.COM>, hl.rogers@ofc.Columbia.NCR.COM (hl.rogers) writes:
> It then occurred to me that NCR's
> product offering is very commercialized for business use, rather
> than for the workstation user, "power" user, or the whiz-bang
> hacker.

My primary home computer, as well as one of those I am currently working
on for hire, is an NCR. Seeing as how I might be able to gain useful
information from such a group, I'ld give a nod in favor of comp.sys.ncr.
I'm just not going to jump up and down and cheer for it, nor flame
those opposed to it. I guess that I'm not a good whiz-bang hacker. :-)
(Though I do tend to be a power user.)

> Yet we have a very active mailing list,
> including many sites that have no connection to USENET.

I am interested, where do I go to sign up?

Paul J. Mech
oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU!deadpup!paul
uiucuxc!oucs!oucsace!deadpup!paul
{ CAUTION: some reply generated paths end on oucsace and are lost. }