[news.groups] Call For Discussion: Changing the Voting Guidelines

In article <1989Nov9.224235.20472@eng.umd.edu> russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
> Maybe you.  But what about the net.minimalists (No More Newsgroups).

*what* net.minimalists? Name some names. The only one I have even heard of
who could be described as such is Ron Heiby.
--
`-_-' Peter da Silva <peter@ficc.uu.net> <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
 'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.

chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) (11/15/89)

According to russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto):
>In article <2559AC55.5660@ateng.com> chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>>No matter what the rules, if I think something's wrong with a group,
>>I vote NO; if not, I don't.
>
>Maybe you.  But what about the net.minimalists (No More Newsgroups).
>100 of them and no more groups are created.  Period.

You must have me confused with somebody else.  I don't support the "100 NO
means NO" proposal.  My proposal is Chuq's:

	One hundred more yeas than nays,
	   and,
	Yeas must outnumber nays two to one.

--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip@ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>