[news.groups] news.groups.fishies.d

edhew@xenitec.on.ca (Ed Hew) (11/15/89)

In article <20600@unix.cis.pitt.edu> tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Terry J. Wood) writes:
>In article <36377@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>>I will also not allow the creation of rec.aquarium here at this site
>
>>Besides, it should be rec.pets.aquarium.
>
>No.  I would prefer rec.society.pets.aquarium.fish.dammit!

Ok people.  Let's take 2 steps back from our consoles and look at this.
Has anyone considered that 2 years from now we'll all remember the great
fishy debate and break out in unrestrained mirth and laughter?

While the principles involved may be quite serious, the tone of the debate
has gotten somewhat beyond the point of reason.

If this keeps up, perhaps we should hold a "vote" for news.groups.fishies.d
After all, at this rate, perhaps the *debate* deserves it's own newsgroup.
(Chuq, how are we coming along on the "how do we remove defunct groups"
 debate? - we'll need it for news.groups.fishies.d in a few months)

>Terry
>--
>INTERNET: tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu  BITNET: TJW@PITTVMS  CC-NET: 33802::tjw
>UUCP: {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore}!pitt!unix.cis.pitt.edu!tjw

  Ed. A. Hew
  work:  edhew@xenicon.uucp	 -or-	 ..!{uunet!}utai!lsuc!xenicon!edhew
->home:	 edhew@xenitec.on.ca	 -or-	   ..!{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!edhew
  # I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on floppy around here somewhere!