[news.groups] Proposal: news.groups.puns

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (11/16/89)

In article <6921@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:

>Not wanting to be painted into a corner, or give the wrong impressionism,
>but this illustrates a groaning trend in news.groups. I think it's time to
>step on degas and drive a new group through before we get flooded by this
>sort of thing.

Are you kidding, Peter?  The puns are the best stuff we've seen in
news.groups in a *long* time!

Perhaps we should `canvas' others for their opinions on creating a new
group?

I like sci.lang.puns! :-)

(seriously, though, rec.humor.puns might not be a bad idea)

--
Geoff Allen                  \  Driggs, Idaho -- cultural hub of the west!
{uunet|bigtex}!pmafire!geoff  \