[news.groups] Will not allow sci.aquaria to exist at my site.

ch) (11/11/89)

>I will also not allow the creation of rec.aquarium here at this site

Besides, it should be rec.pets.aquarium.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>    Editor,OtherRealms    <+>   Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@!pple.com   <+>   CI$: 73317,635   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

All it takes if one thorn to make you forget the dozens of roses on the bush.

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) (11/12/89)

In article <2701NMBCU@CUNYVM> NMBCU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>So I will just go about my business reading and posting to the alt.aquaria
>group for as long as it remains active. And if it does eventually go away, due
>to the unfortunate creation of sci.aquaria and rec.aquarium at other sites,
>then I will take comfort from the fact that my whole life does not evolve
>around it. I will survive without it. *sniff*. :)

Good bye, Nelson.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg@seas.ucla.edu, oleg@gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg

In article <36377@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>Besides, it should be rec.pets.aquarium.

You have been voted wrong.  You can either take that as an adult and live
with it, or you can continue pissing and moaning like a 4-year old who did
not get enough ice cream for desert.

Being a big fish in a small pond has gone to your head, Chuq.
--

dianeh@gryphon.COM (Diane Holt) (11/12/89)

In article <36377@!pple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rosp!ch) writes:
>All it takes [is] one thorn to make you forget the dozens of roses on the bush.

On the contrary, the thorn is an integral part of the nature of a rose.
If you forget that's what you're dealing with, the thorn will serve to
remind you.

Diane Holt
(dianeh@binky.UUCP)

"A linear wrench will not turn a spiral bolt."

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:

>>Besides, it should be rec.pets.aquarium.

>You have been voted wrong.

No, I haven't, Oleg. All that's been proved in this ordeal is that the
voters were willing to let sci.aquaria exist. That doesn't mean that they
wouldn't have preferred rec.whatever. They were never given the option to
express that opinion at all. In a proper democratic fashion, the voters were
told "here's what I want you to vote for. Say yes" rather than "let us know
what option you think is best".

That sci.aquaria was voted in only proves that sci.aquaria was voted in. It
doesn't say anything about whether rec.aquaria would have been better or
worse. We won't know that until we ask the net, and Richard has successfully
handled the situation so that can't be done.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>    Editor,OtherRealms    <+>   Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com   <+>   CI$: 73317,635   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

All it takes if one thorn to make you forget the dozens of roses on the bush.

ela@bdgltd.UUCP (Ed Ackerman Programmer) (11/13/89)

ME TOO

Ed Ackerman                               | It is impossible to make anything
bdgltd!ela@dsi.com or ...!dsinc!bdgltd!ela|  foolproof beacause fools are
#include <StdDisclaimer>                  |           SO ingenious!

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) (11/13/89)

In article <514@bdgltd.UUCP> ela@bdgltd.UUCP (Ed Ackerman  Programmer) writes:
>ME TOO

Most of us don't give a fuck.

--

dianeh@gryphon.COM (Diane Holt) (11/13/89)

In article <36404@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>All that's been proved in this ordeal is that the voters were willing to let
>sci.aquaria exist. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't have preferred
>rec.whatever. They were never given the option to express that opinion at all.

So, what you'd like to do is increase even further the politicking in
newsgroup creation to include primary elections?

Would New Hampshire Usenet sites get to hold theirs first?  And would
ABC News projection have it all figured out once they did, so the rest
of the vote becomes moot?

Would there also have to be Conventions, attended by all the
site administrators?  And will we have to pay for the balloons?

Diane Holt
(dianeh@binky.UUCP)

"Doitagain. Doitagain. Welikeit. Welikeit."

tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (TJ Wood WA3VQJ) (11/14/89)

In article <36377@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>I will also not allow the creation of rec.aquarium here at this site

>Besides, it should be rec.pets.aquarium.

No.  I would prefer rec.society.pets.aquarium.fish.dammit!

Terry
--
INTERNET: tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu  BITNET: TJW@PITTVMS  CC-NET: 33802::tjw
UUCP: {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore}!pitt!unix.cis.pitt.edu!tjw

hb@uvaarpa.virginia.edu (Hank Bovis) (11/14/89)

In article <36404@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
>>>Besides, it should be rec.pets.aquarium.
               ^^^^^^

Define "should" in this context.

>>You have been voted wrong.
                      ^^^^^

Define "wrong" in this context.

>No, I haven't, Oleg. All that's been proved in this ordeal is that the
>voters were willing to let sci.aquaria exist.  ...

Does this contradict the above in this context?

Why does this argument go on?

hb
--
To be continued...

In article <22131@gryphon.COM>, oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:

|  			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

			Actually, I believe Henry Ford II unless his
			biography is sadly wrong. I can believe RR
			quoted him, though.
that the world is flat!" - anon

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) (11/16/89)

In article <1628@crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>>  			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan
>			Actually, I believe Henry Ford II unless his
>			biography is sadly wrong. I can believe RR
>			quoted him, though.

Reagan said that in the eay or mid 50's.  And I am sure that he did not come
up with that line due to the nature of the context and presntation.  Not that
it matters.