[news.groups] "So like, how stupid do you think I am, huh?"

hb@uvaarpa.virginia.edu (Hank Bovis) (11/17/89)

In article <22272@gryphon.COM> dianeh@binky.UUCP (Diane Holt) writes:
>In article <282@trantext.UUCP> brian@trantext.UUCP (Brian Bainter) writes:
>>Just how stupid do [people] think that us site admins are?
>
>Uh ... pass.

Aw, come on, Diane, this is really too good to pass up....

>>The stupidity required to think that I as a site administrator am stupid
>>enough to carry *.aquaria just because it has a sci in front of it reminds
>>me of my nine year old daughter, who when told no, tries other more creative
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>avenues to accomplish her goal.
  ^^^^^^^

Well, can't speak for "people" in general, but for my part, I think
you're stupid enough not to recognize creativity as a sign of intelligence.

>>                                  All to the same end.

So in other words, you just keep repeating "no" no matter what?  If so, I
think you're also too stupid to display any creativity of your own.

>>Enough of my ravings.  I need to go and see what it is about NO that my
>>nine year old doesn't understand.

Yeah, I'd investigate that thoroughly if I were you, Brian.
Might improve your, um, "understand[ing]", a great deal.

>Listen, I've never read news.groups up until now, and, frankly, I'm
>stunned at the attitudes here.  I think it may well be time to start
>thinking about starting a new network -- one that's not "administered"
>by a bunch of pompous, uptight yahoos, whose goal in life seems to be
>to strut around, saying, "No -- I don't want to."  Rather like the
>"terrible 2's" ... you do remember the "terrible 2's" from when you're
                                                                 ^^^^^^
>nine-year-old was that age, don't you?

Nice Freudian slip there, Diane, but I'm afraid you're giving him
too much credit.  After all, he's already admitted he's not as
creative as his nine-year-old ...

1/2 :-)

hb
--