[news.groups] On who's authority?

edhew@xenitec.on.ca (Ed Hew) (11/18/89)

In article <5805@unix.SRI.COM> maslak@unix.UUCP (Valerie Maslak) writes:

> Um, I'm willing to bet that many SAs do not have a line in their
>job descriptions that specifically delegates to them the authority
>to decide which USENET groups to carry.
>
>Valerie Maslak

While we're on the topic (and no, this isn't supposed to lead to YAS
[Yet Another Survey]), I hazard a strong guess that the vast majority
of sysadmin's babysit USENET on their site on their own time.  Part of
the job description?  Perhaps for the lucky few.  Some of us do it
simply to have USENET functioning on our sites and downstream.

  Ed. A. Hew, SCO Authorized Technical Trainer, XeniTec Consulting Services
  edhew@xenitec.on.ca	       -or-	   ..!{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!edhew