[news.groups] Call for discussion: group on Associative/ Content Addressable Memory

sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) (11/19/89)

Dan Wilnai (claris!netcom!summit@ames.arc.nasa.gov) writes:
>Subject:CALL FOR DISCUSSION ON CREATION OF A NEW NEWSGROUP ON
>ASSOCIATIVE/CONTENT-ADDRESSABLE MEMORIES/PROCESSORS
>Name of the newsgroup:  comp.assoc_proc (or comp.cam ?)

I have no interest in the group as such, but comp.cam is hardly
a good idea. Without given context I read CAM as Computer-Aided
Manufacturing. Anyway, it seems to me the group should be
under comp.arch. Comp.arch.cam would probably be a good name.

(Unless of course comp.arch as such suffices as discussions
for this topic.)
--
Erland Sommarskog - ENEA Data, Stockholm - sommar@enea.se